Looking for Laparascopic Hysterectomy (Uterus Removal Surgery) in Selangor?
Surgery Duration : 1-3 hours
Recovery Days in hospital : 3-5 days
Advised stay in Malaysia after hysterectomy: 1-3 weeks
Complete recovery: 6-8 weeks
Clinic Address: Suite L3-307, Level 3, No 102, Persiaran Rajawali / KU 1, Bandar Baru Klang, 41150 Klang, Selangor Darul Ehsan.
Dr. Vijayavel currently practices at KPJ Klang Specialist Hospital in Klang, Selangor. Dr Vijayavel is available on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 09:00am to 17:00pm. Please call [603) 3377-7902] for appointment if you want to visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Dr Vijayavel is also available on Saturdays from 09:00am to 13:00pm.
Dr. Vijayavel is a specialist Obstetrician and Gynaecologist and has advanced skills in vaginal surgery and urogynaecological procedures including suburethral slings and advanced laparoscopy including total laparoscopic hysterectomy and endometriosis.
Dr. Vijayavel is known to be very approachable and has a kind and caring bedside manner. Watch this video on laparascopic surgery by Dr Vijayavel.
After Laparascopic Hysterectomy
- You will be discharged from the hospital within 3-5 days, and you return home in 2-3 weeks time
- 15-20 days of stay in a guest house or hotel is advised so you can recover completely and seek the doctor's approval before flying back home
- Expect to feel slightly tired for a few days
- A drip for IV fluids is given; surgical drains and catheter will be also be placed
- Walking around the room and to the bathroom is encouraged as soon as you feel good enough to do it
Please do not rush back home after your surgery—to avoid any complications it is advisable to stay a few weeks for recuperation, maybe explore Malaysia, and seek the doctor's approval before taking your flight back home.